Saturday afternoon Kelly came racing up the stairs, said a few words usually reserved for when the children are not present- and dashed out of the house. The guy who was supposed to be running the station did not show up- meaning there was NO ONE there. Luckily, Kelly was able to find someone to fill in for the afternoon, so he was able to turn around and come home in time for Jason's soccer game. When Kelly was able to get hold of the kid who was supposed to be working that afternoon, but had decided to go out of town instead, the response was "dude, I sent you a text saying I wasn't going to be there". Seriously, a text- not a call asking if he could have the day off- but a text saying he would be gone. It might work when you are a kid letting your mom know where you will be, but it is not the way to let someone know that you won't be showing up to work.
A similar thing happened Monday morning- No one showed up to do the morning show- the guy sent a text at 12:30 am saying he had a family emergency- doesn't help when you are asleep and don't hear the innocent little beep.
So come on people. Texting is not talking. It is not conversation. We know you are trying to avoid a potentially unpleasant situation where you might have to hear the word "no". Don't be a coward- pick up the phone and ASK.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
It's just plain irresponsible. I want to know if he got fired, or at least reprimanded. I think people use texting as a way to do something half-#%@*! and then expect to use it fully as an excuse. It's just wrong.
Amen sista! I love how you tell it like it is. In this case it was a total copout. He definately needs to know that doesn't fly. I personally think texting is overated and am not a fan of all the silly abreviations that everyone uses.
Mara you are killing me! I can't believe someone would actually think that a "text" would fly in a professional situation like that. I truly don't understand some people.
Hey how long were you there tonight? I missed you and I would have loved to chat with ya!
Unbelievable. How incredibly inconsiderate and lame. What a copout! Poor Kelly. Sounds like a new policy needs to be established at the station.
Post a Comment