A few nights ago I found myself draped over the side of the crib at 3:30 am, gently rubbing the baby's back trying to get him back to sleep. I do not do well in the middle of the night. I am one of those people that can close my eyes and, in an ideal world, remain blissfully unconscous until the alarm goes off in the morning. I have not lived in an ideal world for a long time. I am prone to mood swings in the wee hours of the morning, ranging from stubborn determination to despair with a touch of anger. (WHY WON'T YOU JUST SLEEP!). It is not pretty.I noticed my arms are going numb because the crib bars are cutting off my circulation- I must have dozed for a minute. This is when I ask myself, how did I get on this road? My baby is 17 months old and here I am, still up in the night. (I also tend to question my parenting skills at times like this)

1 comment:
I'll be home in a month and I am more than willing to give you a break if you want... even if he cries the whole time you're gone I won't mind cuz I miss them so much!
Post a Comment