Sunday, September 28, 2008

Summer flashback: Scipio Rodeo

I went home to Scipio for the 24th of July Rodeo. It is the best and only day of the year to visit Scipio. The daughters of the Utah Pioneers (doopi daughters) put on a program, complete with cowboy poetry, skits, musical numbers, and the lamest jokes you can imagine. Then there are games in the park and the grand finale of the day is the rodeo.

Jason, who is usually quite skittish around animals, decided it would be fun to ride the sheep. Unfortunately he weighed to much to ride but he was able to do the pig chase. Look at him go!



The pig is right there- if he would have just dove for it he would have got it.


Jason and Kayla with Auntie Joy.

This next picture is of Jason running the races in the park, earlier in the day.
Run, Jason, run!


The rodeo was so much fun. More fun than I remembered as a kid- maybe because we always snuck in and I probably felt guilty. Can't wait till next year to make my annual pilgrimage home.

3 comments:

Shill and Company said...

That is AWESOME! I have never done anything like that. Sad but true. We have never experienced a rodeo. I think Chris may have, but not the rest of us. Jason looked like he was having so much fun chasing pigs. That is so funny. What a great tradition for your family.

Lara said...

We love to rodeo! (said in a horrible western accent)

We have been to some rodeos with the kids and we love them. My favorite is the mutt n busting where the adorable little ones ride on sheep. So cute.

I think I love rodeos so much because I am a city girl through and through and I like to escape my life every now and then and do something different.

Your kids look like they had a blast. What a fun adventure for them!

Angelique said...

I LOVE your Blog!!!!!!