Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Stupid strep!!




Ever have those days that don't go the way you thought they would when you woke up in the morning? Kayla hasn't been feeling well, and it is obvious. She has been laying around and crying and she is pale and she had a low fever. I took her to the doctor this morning because all symptoms point to strep. And her test was positive. That part was easy. While I was at the doctor, I showed him Aaron's rash and asked him if it could be strep and I told him that Jason had a sore throat last night and this morning, but I sent him to school anyway (no other symptoms). So the doctor says "well, we are open 24 hours a day if you need to bring him in". He wouldn't give me a prescription for Jason. So I had to make another appointment and take Jason in. Fun, fun, Not. Poor Kayla. All she wants to do is rest and watch her movie and she had to spend another hour at the doctor for Jason. Then we had to go to the store to the medicine. Aaron has a rash all over, probably from strep. The first doctor said I didn't need to treat him -it would go away on its own. The second doctor said I should treat Aaron because he will keep re-infecting the rest of us. Luckily for us, Strep is treatable and we should be back to normal by Friday.

3 comments:

Lara said...

Oh Mara, I feel your pain. Strep is the "S word" in our house, especially the rashy kind. I hope everyone gets better soon. It makes me sad thinking of what you all are going through. Please Please Please let me know what I can do to help.

Shill and Company said...

I am so sorry to hear that you have had strep in your family. That is MISERABLE! I hope that everyone is doing much better now.

I really wish that doctor's would spare us from time to time again the additional office visit. Who wants to keep going and exposing yourself to who knows what else in their office! Geez!!!

Lauren said...

Good luck! Having sick kids is the pitts!!!