Friday, August 21, 2009

yellowstone

Our first stop on the way to Yellowstone was at Bear World, outside Rexburg, Idaho. It was so fun to see the bears up close .
The kids liked the little rides after we drove through the park.


One of the many geysers we saw-








The steam smells like rotten eggs- ewww!








We took our breakfast into the park one morning at ate on the banks of the river. Aaron is so naughty in restaurants that most of our meals on this trip were picnics.
Somehow, when models get fanned by the wind it looks a little different than this....


One of the trails we took had 328 steps. That is 656 steps down and back and Jason did it twice!!
All those steps are worth it for pictures like this:


5 comments:

Lara said...

Gorgeous pictures, Mara! I love the rainbow!

Lauren said...

Looks like lots of fun. I understand the naughty toddler in eating establishments comment. I remember that well. Unfortunately, those days are ahead of us again.
I am glad you guys had a good trip.

Sarah Rock said...

You must of had a great time. I hope you found a hiking backpack ok. Mine is always available if you ever need it.

Lori Conger said...

How fun! I love the rainbow picture. Hope all is well.

Shill and Company said...

Wow, I loved seeing some of the beautiful places that you were able to go. Looks like another well planned vacation.