
I was going to call this "The Trifecta". Then I thought I better look up the exact definition of trifecta, and according to the scrabble dictionary it has something to do with gambling. I always thought it meant "when three things, or events, or disasters happen together". I might just need a different dictionary. Anyway I decided to go with a perfect storm, because to me, that means a lot of nasty things come together at once. So this was just a tiny bit nasty ( I don't want to over exaggerate). Last week, Kayla was sick with strep (again). This time she was very sick: fever, chills, pale skin with red eyes, lethargic and generally miserable. So, one morning, just around the time when the kids should be heading to school, she starts, gagging up/coughing/throwing up thick mucus goo (I know, gross!!!!) and she needs some assistance. So I put the baby down in his crib and he promptly starts to SCREAM. As I am cleaning up the bathroom floor, Jason comes in and tells me he can't find any pants. No pants, really? I tell him to pull out some from the dirty clothes but the only ones in there are way to dirty to wear again. He starts trying on the ones that are in the bottom of the drawer but they are all two short to wear or to tight to snap. So really, he had no pants. How does that happen? And five minutes before school starts?
We did finally find some that would work. He left for school and I did some laundry that day. I got Kayla taken care of and the bathroom floor cleaned up, the baby picked up and comforted and I was left to contemplate these perfect moments, and by perfect, I mean perfectly awful.

3 comments:
Sick kids are no fun. I hope Kayla gets feeling better soon. I also can relate to Jason. Our problem is usually there aren't any clean that don't have huge gaping holes in the right knee of the pants. That reminds me. I think I should do some laundry today, or maybe tomorrow. . .
I am hoping the stars align and you have a perfect week of not much going on...
Stormy morning indeed. Wow! Is Kayla feeling better? Man, I hope so. This should have been the time when you let Jason try a shirt for pants like Parker. ;)
The good thing about Aaron is that he is still young enough that he most likely will not remember these moments when you have to abandon him momentarily. I agree with Erin. I am pulling for a relaxing week for you. You deserve it after that!
Post a Comment