Friday, December 12, 2008

In praise of Internet Shopping

The first week in December I made my list, scoured the adds, compared prices, and headed out to Target. I try to get all the shopping done while Kayla is in school, which only gives me about 2 hours plus I have a little elf, named Aaron, with me so I have to be efficient. Let me just say it did not go well. Either they were out of what I needed, didn't have the right size or color, or the price wasn't what it should have been. I left almost empty handed and very frustrated. The hunter/gatherer in me has always liked to get gifts off the shelf and I have been resistant to completely switching and doing all my shopping online. No More. I am completely converted, especially with all the free shipping. Those UPS guys are becoming regulars at my house.

4 comments:

The Ratchford Family said...

Mara,
I am completely won over to internet shopping. Dave thought it was somehow cheating because it was just too easy. I love reading all of the reviews. Like how not to get the aqua dots because they fall apart and the device doesn't work anyway. I got all my things in 2 day shipping and even got better deals than the stores.

Lauren said...

Ditto. I finished this last week on Amazon. This is my first year going the internet route but I was pleasantly suprized at how easy it was. Yeah for free shipping! Yeah for choosing things that weren't backordered! Wahoo!!!!!

Lara said...

I am still on the fence. I do a little of both. If I can't find something in person I will go online. But maybe I should skip the in person thing from now on and go straight to the computer. Those yucky Target trips where everything is sold out are happening more and more frequently.

mandi said...

Since I live in the sticks now, the UPS man and I are very tight!