Wednesday, February 2, 2011

5 things I LOVE to do

1. travel

"One of the flash epiphanies of travel, the realization that worlds you'd love vibrantly exist outside your ignorance of them. The vitality of many lives you know nothing about. the breeze lifting a blue curtain in a doorway billows just the same whether you are lucky enough to observe it or not. travel gives such jolts. I could live in this town, so how is it that I've never been here before today?" Francis Mayes




2. read




" one of life's pleasures: a writers words can intersect with your life and lead you to the next largest space you can occupy.." Francis Mayes




3. work in my yard


" Bloom where you are planted"





4. try new recipies







5. have people over

" Happiness...is more like a decision than a condition. It is a decision anyone can make, anywhere anytime. For it is not the enjoyableness of objects or activities or opportunities that make us happy or unhappy; rather our happiness, ROOTED IN OUR RELATIONSHIPS, make objects and activities enjoyable. Things events and opportunities have no value in and of themselves; they get their value from the significant part they play in our key RELATIONSHIPS with others" C. Terry Warren


3 comments:

Lauren said...

Mara, I just love you! Your five favorite things really speak to how wonderful a person you are. Welcoming, intelligent, interesting and just about the sweetest person alive! I am so glad that you are my friend.

Lara said...

I totally ditto everything Lauren said. Love you! You are so awesome!
And you have to let me know how you are liking Matched. I am thinking of reading it.

Shill and Company said...

I love this post. It's so fun to see the pictures and hear about the things that you love. No wonder you are so awesome.