I had one of those awakening "ideas" last week. It came right a long with making New Years Resolutions. I realized that I will never have more time than I do now. I will never be more organized than I am now. I will never have it all together if I don't get it together NOW. This is big for me because I live in a tomorrow trap. " I'll do it tomorrow", "I'll start tomorrow". When I have more time I'll....., When all the kids are in school I'll..... So you see, coming to this awareness changes a lot of things for me. I either need to do it now or let it go. Even if I do have more time in the "future", I will have other things to fill it with, other interests, other obligations.So I start this year with the commitment to do it now or don't do it- let it go.
A couple of years ago I asked myself the question "What three things could you change that would make you happier and more fulfilled?"
The list now includes five things and these have been my resolution ever since. So to recommit myself, here are my five things.
1. Go through and organize everything in my house. One drawer or shelf a day if that is what it takes. (I am amazed at everything I have that I have forgotten about)
2. Spend more time with God everyday and make that time meaningful.
3. Eat better - less sugar (you know the drill)
4. Be more "present" with my children. Really listen when they speak, make what matters to them matter to me.
5. Speak my truth. This is my hard one because I am a quiet person who does not like conflict, contention, rocking the boat, or putting anyone out. So I get lost in my own silence and people assume I agree with them because I don't contradict.
So wish me luck as I continue to work on these- slow and steady wins right?

3 comments:
You are such an awesome person Mara. I personally do not think you need any improvement. But if you feel like you should be working on something I have no doubt you can achieve whatever goals you set out to accomplish! You are just cool like that! Good luck...you will do awesome!
Very well said Miss Mara. I love your perspective. Those are some fantastic goals. I'm with Lara, I know that you can do it!
You never cease to amaze me. I love the way you write, it's beautiful. Even your New Year's resolutions sound beautiful. My running resolution is actually written in D&C 109: 8. "Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing. . ."
Keep up the good work. I know you can do it.
Post a Comment