


I wish I had pictures of the table lit by candlelight, it was beautiful. And the food was fantastic.
we had a five course meal which included:
Bread (2 kinds) with olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dipping
marinated mushrooms and cucumber
fresh mozzarella
mortadella (a meat like Bologna)
cantaloupe wrapped in prosciutto
Olives
Caprese salad
Mint and basil sorbet
Authentic Lasagna
Italian Soda
Tirimisu
Chocolate Hazelnut Gelato
ameretti cookies
Grapes
Watermelon
Strawberries with Balsamic vinegar
Sixteen people came and everyone brought something amazing. (Thanks bookclubies for making this night so much fun)
Here are a few quotes from Frances Mayes:
Where you are is who you are. The further inside you that place moves, the more your identity is intertwined with it. Pg 86
Quoting Bachelard “ Mainly, I remember recognizing his idea that the house protects the dreamer; the houses that are important are the ones that allow us to dream in peace
It is easy for foreigners to romanticize, stereotype and over simplify local people…one a person is really known of course, the characterization blessedly fades..
One of those flash epiphanies of travel, the realization that worlds you’d love vibrantly exist outside your ignorance of them. The vitality of many lives you knew nothing about. The breeze lifting a blue curtain in a doorway billows just the same whether you are lucky enough to observe it or not. Travel gives such jolts. I could live in this town, so how is it that I’ve never been here before today?

3 comments:
Sounds like it was a blast! Great idea!
Great Job Mara. It looks Amazing! I'll bet that was sooooo much fun.
Wow, what an incredibly nice time that must have been. Your table looked so beautiful & your yard is always simply gorgeous. I am a tad bit envious of all of that food that you listed. My oh my! I would have read that book. Darn it!
Post a Comment