Friday, April 16, 2010

sPrInG BrEaK 2010

This year we went to Las Vegas (again). We always seem to end up in Vegas for spring break because it is warm and close. I have some doubts about the wisdom of mixing children and Las Vegas. We tried really hard to stay away from all things "seedy" and we did a pretty good job but still...there were a few ewww moments. I am also questioning the wisdom of traveling with a two year old. We stayed in a timeshare hotel with a kitchenette so we didn't have to take mr-can't-stay-at-the-table-for-more-than-two-minutes to restaurants. But even with all my planning he was still difficult. I would like to just mention to the people who design museums/aquariums that making us exit through the gift shop is cruel and a recipe for DISASTER! Holy temper tantrum batman.

Here are a few highlights:
THe Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay
The new bridge being built over Hoover Dam

Hoover Dam


The Cheesecake Factory



Greek Statues (for all the Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief fans)





Man made waterfalls

indoor enchanted forests



The Ballagio Fountains at night

4 comments:

Lara said...

Yeah for vacations! Very cute pictures. I am so happy for you guys that you got to get away.

Anonymous said...

Looks like u guys had fun!! :)

Jonathan D Lisonbee said...

I'm sure the museum curators are well aware of the joys of having to exit through the gift shop. Probably not an accident.

Shill and Company said...

I am sooooo jealous! Looks like a wonderful time. Next year we will join you guys!!!