Wednesday, July 1, 2009
30 seconds more
I was cleaning up the kitchen and had my stack of fliers from the Sunday paper. I was going to set them on the microwave, then I thought "why not put them in the binder, where they belong". So I did and it took less than 30 seconds to do it. This got me thinking about how little extra effort it takes to finish the job right. How many more seconds does it take to actually put the clothes in the laundry basket as opposed to the floor. Or put the dishes in the dishwasher, instead of the sink. It is thirty seconds more. So my goal today is to take the extra time and put the scissors back in the drawer, the book back on the shelf and the diaper all the way out to the garbage can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
A good friend of mine (Ange) says: "Do it right or do it twice." I always think of that when putting things away. Too bad I just think about it, not DO it!
I saw you walking the other morning and missed you! A lot.
So true Mara, so true!
True. Very True. I love your words of wisdom.
Oh my word - that makes perfect sense. My house would look a LOT different if I made that simple change!
Well said Mara!
...still haven't mastered yet either. Darnet.
Post a Comment