Friday, November 21, 2008

I did it!!!!!


My sister has let me store her treadmill for her when she moved across the country. I have been anti-treadmill for a long time because I love to get out early in the morning and get some quality therapy time with my friends while running. But since I have had the treadmill I have decided there is something very satisfying about being able to see exactly how far and fast I ran. Don't be thinking that I work out on a regular basis. With the baby still waking up at night and being so random about it, I have been quite random about working out. When I first got the treadmill I set a goal to run a ten minute mile. A huge thing for me. And this morning I DID IT! I can't stop coughing now, but I did it. I don't think I will do it again anytime soon. But then again, maybe I will.

8 comments:

Lauren said...

Wahoo! Go Mara! I am impressed. I should follow your example and get up and work on getting healthier. I think I am a very long way off from accomplishing a 10 min. mile. Way to go!!!!!

Lara said...

You are awesome Mara! Way to go! Keep it up. It will only get easier from here. Now if I could just take my own advice...

mommyshan said...

Way to go! I don't think I could run a 1/2 hour mile!

Ed said...

Yay!! Way to go! It has been way to long since I ran...the heat kinda kills the desire for me! I am back on my bike though and almost up to 15 miles!

Maren said...

Yay Mara! That's so great! You are very inspiring and I wish I was around these days to exercise with you! You're the only person EVER that has seen me run 5 miles in a row. I haven't done it since I stopped working out with you...

Rachel said...

You're awesome Mara way to go!!

Shill and Company said...

Way to go Miss Mara!!! Wow, just reading about that makes me tired.

jarbee said...

Woohoo! Way to go!!!!