Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Good History

Today I was thinking of the major historical events I have been touched by: the space shuttle blowing up (both of them), getting up early for Princess Diana's wedding, the Oklahoma City bombings, September 11th, the Tsunami, Katrina. Most of these events (except for the royal wedding) have been very negative, frightening and sad. I was very excited yesterday to see good history in the making, to see people come together in a positive way, to feel the enthusiasm through out the country, to see dignity and grace in defeat. I am proud that I will be able to say that I voted in that election. We need more good history moments.

2 comments:

Lara said...

I couldn't agree more. What a momentous time we are living in!

And thanks for the sweet comment!!But you are the angel that was sent so I could have an example of how to be an angel.

jarbee said...

I wholeheartedly agree! After all the "pretend" patriotic flag-waving and accusations about how some parts of the US "love America" more than others, it was very gratifying to see how we, as an entire nation, were able to shake away some of the narrow mindedness of the past and exercise our rights to vote for the candidate focusing on moving our great nation forward with hope. With these tremendously exciting changes in our government, I am very "Proud to be and American!" "God bless the USA!"