"Days pass and the years vanish and we walk sightless among miracles. Lord, fill our eyes with seeing and our mind with knowing. Let there be moments when your presence, like lightning, illuminates the darkness in which we walk. Help us to see wherever we gaze, that the bush burns, unconsumed. And we, clay touched by the hand of God will reach out for holiness and exclaim in wonder "how filled with awe is this place and we did not know it."
My Grandfathers Blessings, Rachel Naomi Remen, M.D.
I am in such awe of the beautiful place we live. Last night, on the way home from the pool, I stopped at the little farmers stand on the corner: corn, potatoes, tomatoes, squash, all fresh from the fields. And all on the honor system. There is no one there to take your money, just a box and a hand lettered sign with a number to call if you have any questions. My friends and I talk about how we live in a bubble and I just wanted to say how much I love my bubble. I love to live in a place where there is a level of trust. We had the most delicious dinner- corn on the cob, boiled new potatoes and broiled tomatoes with olive oil and basil. It was so good we had an almost identical menu for our pioneer day BBQ but added grilled tri-tip and homemade ice cream. I don't want to dwell so much on the food but on the miracle of it all- the goodness of fresh sun-warmed veggies, the abundance all around, the gift of trust and the wonder that surrounds us.

2 comments:
I so agree about living in a bubble. I feel like we are the luckiest people. If I had one wish I would wish for everyone to love where they live as much as we do...OK, may if I had two wishes I would wish for that! ;)
We do live in an amazing area. We love it!
I have also been in awe of the cute little farmers stand on the corner and the honor box system. I don't think that system would work in most areas!
Post a Comment