Our neighborhood recently had a huge yard sale and as I was sitting at my table, looking at the things I was trying to sell, I noticed something. There was a theme running through some of the items: a book on drying flowers, another book on bow-making, a wreath frame for creating wreaths from dried flowers. Hmmm...who is that woman who does those things. Obviously not me, although I wanted to be that woman and I thought I was that woman.
I recently got rid of a box of Family Fun magazines that I had been saving (for years) so I could do fun craft projects with my kids over the summer. After several summers of not doing that, I realized that I am not that woman (and my kids are not those kids). It was a nice thought but an even nicer thought is that its OK to not be that woman. I am just me. And I am fine how I am. It is enough to just be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Well said. I am just realizing the "real" me and the me I'd always thought I'd be is totally different. I kinda came up with the same solution. I am glad to know someone else who is happy just to be themselves.
So so true!! I am realizing that myslef. Refreshing, isn't it?
Post a Comment