Thursday, February 25, 2010

Freedom, sweet sweet freedom!

Organizing, sorting, inventorying, cleaning, purging. (I think I will call this the great purge of 2010.) I am getting so tired of sorting through things. I spent a whole day going through things and throwing things away and taking things to DI...and you couldn't see any difference. What a frustrating goal. I was starting to get discouraged but then I took a stack of magazines to be recycled and I felt...lighter. A tiny weight was lifted and I felt free- I am free from the shouldsthose magazines represented: I should make that recipe, I should do that craft with my kids, I should make my room look like that. I think I will get rid of the books that I "should" read, and the crafts that I "should" do. I am not anywhere close to where I want to be but I feel the warm breeze of sweet sweet freedom blowing my way.

I think one of the beautiful things about getting older is that you start to realize that you already know what you need to do. You don't need self help books or seminars, or magazines. You need to get rid of all that stuff and just live the life you want.

1 comment:

Shill and Company said...

Well said my friend! I am ready to do some simplifying too!