Thursday, January 21, 2010

Books

I love books and I love reading! Have you read The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society? Or how about The Hunger Games, Shearwood Smith's Posse of Princesses or Crown Duel and Court Duel? Les Mis? The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie? Good Stuff.


But then there is the not so good stuff. I recently started reading One Hundred Years of Solitude by a Nobel prize winning Author (who also wrote Love in the time of Cholera) and I don't think I will finish it. I know it is highly regarded by the literary community but there is stuff in there that I just don't want in my head, plus it is long, and (dare I say) boring. I don't want to waste my time on "just ok". I want to read good books that make me happy. So I am throwing in the towel and moving on- and If you know any good books I should read, let me know- and please warn me about the bad ones.

2 comments:

Ed said...

Just started reading it with my SIL. Not loving it.

Lara said...

I can always count on you for good book plugs. Thanks.