Thursday, January 21, 2010

I resolve...

I have been reading a lot of your new years resolutions and thought I would add mine. These aren't really "New Years Goals". I have been working on them for a few months but it is a good time to recommit myself. Awhile back, I asked myself "What three changes would make the most difference in my life". Three sounded reasonable, manageable and even, dare I say, achievable. I have written before about how I felt like I got off track during the year I was pregnant, our house was for sale for nine months, I had a baby (early), we sold our house, and then there was the move. We developed a lot of bad habits during that time (hiding dirty dishes in the oven and eating frozen dinners all the time) and we lost some good habits. I wanted to focus on three things to get me back on track. Or at least heading in the right direction. I decided to share these because "a goal is just a wish unless you write it down" and what is more powerful than writing it down and sharing it? The three things I decided on are:



Spirituality. I let this slip for a long time. It is amazing how long you can get by just going through the motions. This is actually the one I think I have made the most progress on since I started working on these goals.



Getting my house in order. This is a long term goal. I plan on going through everything in my house, every closet, every drawer, every box, every paper pile. The nice thing about this goal is that if I go through one drawer a week I'll eventually get there. Slow and steady.



Loose weight/get into my pre-pregnant clothes/ eat better

why is this so hard? I have been working on it for months with minimal results. Frustrating!!! Sometimes I ask myself why not just BE, accept where I am and stop obsessing. But I don't want to give up so this is my goal.



I added on two bonus goals



be present and connected with my kids.

Speak my truth. I have, at times, let my silence be interpreted as agreement and I haven't asked for what I need. I don't want to end up one of those women who have completely lost themselves. I want to get back a little bit of this girl
Speaking of this girl... I wasn't even happy with my body then. What was I thinking?

2 comments:

Lara said...

Those are all fabulous goals to be working on.

I love that picture. What a hottie! I had a total six pack when I was younger and I still thought I looked awful. Go figure.

I totally need to make some of the same goals you have listed. Keep us informed on how you are doing. You just might inspire those of us who are lagging behind.

Shill and Company said...

Fantastic resolutions. It looks like you are doing a great job on accomplishing these goals. I love this picture of you. You are so adorable!