Monday, December 7, 2009

Getting Giddy

So a few posts ago I was complaining that I had no Christmas spirit- Well I've got it now! Amazing what a little attitude shift will do- and a good snow storm. My change of heart started while I was complaining about how much things cost. Things like video games for the wii (just an example) and it occurred to me that this was the only time of year I would even consider spending $49.99 on a game. What a blessing it is to go all out just giving, to make someones dreams come true, to let your kids know that sometimes they should reach for the sky and ask for whatever it is they really want. It is the time to have a generous heart and to look at ALL the lessons this season can teach us.

"No matter how many times we read the biblical account of that evening in Bethlehem, we always come away with a thought—or two—we haven’t had before".

2 comments:

Lara said...

I need you to rub some of that spirit onto me. I am struggling lately. Bah humbug! ;)

Jonathan D Lisonbee said...

It is Christmas every time you let God love others through you...yes, it is Christmas every time you smile at your brother and offer him your hand.
--Mother Teresa