I'll tell you what it means for me. Last week I went to a funeral of someone I knew in high school but hadn't really though about in the 20 years since he graduated. I got there late and slid into the row where my two friends from high school, Bridget and Shanna were sitting. It is hard to describe how it felt to see them both sitting there together like no time had passed. I don't want to embarrass them (they both read this blog) but they were radiant, (I think people with good hearts age well) and it was natural and comfortable to be sitting there sharing the grief of the moment. And that is what best friends forever means. That we are still comfortable with each other in spite of time and distance. We don't have to be in each others lives every day or even year but we will be there for each other when we can. Thank goodness for facebook that lets us connect, even in a superficial way, because really sometimes that is enough. Friendship doesn't have to take a lot of effort, especially when you are going to be BFFs forever. And forever is a long time.
Sorry girls, I know the picture isn't great but it is the only one I could find of the two of you- love you guys!

3 comments:
Loved Kirk Cameron!
Oh my heck! You are awesome! Love that picture - lol seriously! Thanks for sharing your thoughts about that day. I'm right there with you. Amazing how so many things change, things become so different, but nothing can take away the memories we share. I'm so glad you were and still are my BFF! (. . . and you too Shanna :-) Love you guys!
What a cute post. I totally agree. My BFF's from high school all live far away and we hardly ever talk and hang out any more, but when we do it's as if we are as close as ever. I love that.
Post a Comment