Thursday, March 12, 2009

Things I have learned along the way...





These are just a few of the things I have learned along the way:



1. "Done" is better than creative and "done" is better than perfect (Thank you Andrea's scrapbooking sister- you changed my life). I am the kind of girl who will spends 40 minutes finding the perfect font and this little ditty helps a lot.

2. When I plan ahead things go better- so you think I would learn to plan ahead more. It is amazing what planing the weeks dinner menu in advance will do to the nightly stress level.

3. Life is fundamentally good or as Dr Rachel Naomi Remen writes "The essential nature of life is such goodness that the only possible response is Joy"

4. People are more important than things- very important to remember when your kids break, spill, and/or leave things out in the rain.

5. People know what they need to do but don't always do it. Like me with sugar. I know it is bad for me but I keep on eating it. And it doesn't help when people tell me what I already know because now I know that they know that I know! I don't think I am explaining this one very well but knowing that it is very rare for people to really not know what they should do helps me to keep my mouth shut. Which leads me to...

6. I really don't know what other people "should" or "ought" to do.

7. Travel opens the mind. It is amazing what you can learn from and about people by spending time with them in their environments. You can also learn a lot about yourself when you leave your comfort zone.

8. Being nice is always the right choice. But you can be firm and nice at the same time.

I really don't want to tag anyone but I would like to know what you have learned along the way. (If no one volunteers to play then I will start tagging.)










No comments: