Thursday, October 2, 2008

not quite like I remembered

I remembered watching Pete's Dragon when I was a kid and thought it was cool so when I saw it on Netflicks I thought it would be fun to get and watch with the kids. Um... it wasn't quite as cool as I remembered. In fact, it was like watching a bad high school musical. And it was boring. Now my kids think I have lame taste in movies. Another show that was ridiculously disappointing was "V". You may remember it as the coolest show from 1984. (If you are to young to remember, let me just say it was BIG, no HUGE, like totally the coolest.) Kelly and I rented it awhile back and yikes, lame lame lame, stupid, completely did not age well, laughable. I can't believe we liked it. Do you remember watching it? We would talk about it on the bus the next day. I thought Diana was so beautiful, even when she was a little creepy. Do you remember the animal rights controversy when the Lizzard people were firing lasers at the guy on the horse. (duh! special effects) Those were good times.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

I thought Pete's Dragon was kind of creepy when I was little. (I was afraid of just about everything then.) I wonder if it is still just as creepy?

Lara said...

I was obsessed with Pete's Dragon when I was little. I will not let the memory I have of the movie be dashed to pieces so therefore, I guess I will not be renting it for my kids any time soon.

And "V", I was so sad when that show was over, or cancelled, or whatever happened to it. I didn't think life could go on without it. I can still remember their long lizard tongues and their awesome outfits like it was yesterday.

Thanks Mara, for making some very interesting memories come flooding back! :D

The Ratchford Family said...

I loved that movie and would sing the songs all day long. I will take your advice and not rent it for the kids.

Cheryl said...

I loved it too when I was little and did the exact same thing. I rented it and my kids (and I) could hardly stand it!! I even tried it again months later, but still hated it. Same thing with Mary Poppins, but I still love it, my kids just think it's weird.

Rachel said...

Yes but weren't the songs in "Pete's.." so catching?