Friday, October 10, 2008

frosty mornings


This morning was cold. Not see your breath in the house cold, but still the coldest morning so far. I snuggled under the blankets with the baby and pretended I was frontier girl in my cold log cabin until the baby started trying to put his fingers in my mouth and scratch my face- not so big on cuddling. So I turned on the heat and aah, I love the furnace. Warm heat poured through the house. Then I noticed something. I was wearing summer pjs, shorts and a thin shirt and Kayla was wearing a sleeveless nightgown. I had to laugh at us. No wonder we were freezing.




4 comments:

mommyshan said...

Way to catch a moment! Seasons changing for sure.

Shill and Company said...

That is hilarious. I guess we need to wrap our heads around the fact that summer is over. Last night I had Hannah put on her long sleeved pajamas and she thought I was crazy. She complained that she would be SO hot.

Lara said...

Last night was the first night in a while that our kids actually used their blankets. It's been chilly indeed and I am loving it. I love that picture of the frost!!

Ed said...

still not there...looking forward to it though!