This sign cracked me up. We got stuck in road construction around Spanish Fork and as we were crawling along at 3 miles an hour I saw this banner. It is hard to read but it says "Biggest used car lot south of Provo". First of all, you are within sight of Provo. You could drive two miles north and find a bigger used car lot. Second, how far south are you claiming,? St George? Phoenix? Mexico City? See what happens when I have to much time on my hands?
On to Cove Fort
Cove Fort is between Fillmore and Beaver. We stopped here for lunch and took the tour. Cove Fort is a very fun place. We learned a lot about the early history of Utah and what life was like for the early settlers.
This Fort felt so safe on the inside. When you are there you can just imagine how comforting it would be to arrive on the stagecoach and be able to get a good meal and a warm room. And how fun it would be to play under the shade of the trees in the summer.
Covered wagon or mini van? I'll take the one with the DVD player.
That sign is so funny! And what a cool place to go. I never realized there was so much to learn about. We have only stopped there for bathroom breaks. Next time we will have to check out more than the bathrooms.
Give your children a sense of "being" instead of a sense of "having". We all have an empty space and we need to fill it with the wholesome things in life. The great challenge in life is how to overcome everyday bordom, the monotany, drudgery and predictability, the routine of everyday life. And the only way to do that is to make the ordinary things extraordinary, to make the natural things miraculous, to make everyday things unique. -Rabi Schmuley
"Instead of worring and obsessing, you decide to let go and see what occures. You choose to take joy in your real life as it unfolds day by day, hour by hour, a heartbeat at a time."
Sarah Ban Breathnach
3 comments:
That banner is hilarious! Sorry that you encountered such nasty traffic.
I can't wait to hear more about your trip. Cove Fort is an interesting place to visit. Looks like you guys enjoyed your time there.
I'm wondering if you made it back home in time to get all of Jason's homework done.
Wow!!! I haven't been to Cove Fort since I was tiny! I don't remember it being so beautiful.
That sign is so funny! And what a cool place to go. I never realized there was so much to learn about. We have only stopped there for bathroom breaks. Next time we will have to check out more than the bathrooms.
Post a Comment