Well it happened. I am officially busy. I never meant for this to happen. In fact I actively tried to avoid it. I decided a long time ago that I never wanted to be that busy, stressed, hectic, frantic, running late, frenetic person that I have observed from time to time. Which is why I think I have avoided this state for so long. But now, I feel busy. Which is ironic because technically I have more time that ever. My little bug is in preschool for three hours a day- nine golden hours a week. Where does it go? Has it filled up with projects I never would have attempted last year? Have I just lost all time management skills? Or do I really just have a lot going on?
There are some definite perks to being busy. I get to send friends home because I have to leave to drop off or pick up my swimmer from swim team practice. I can serve a throw- together left-over dinner because I don't have time to thaw anything. I can let personal hygiene go because I just didn't have time to shower. (Ok that's not a perk. It is just gross)
The part that I don't like is that I sometimes feel I am to busy for people. One of my pet peeves is people who are "to busy" to return a phone call or a text. But I have found myself not wanting to call someone because I don't want to take the time to talk right now. Sad!
I think this is how it is going to be so I better get used to it and maybe give up on a few things and talk on the phone a little more...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
It's frustrating how there always seems to be more to do. It gets to the point where if you don't have a long list of things that need to be done, the novelty is disorienting and you feel like somethings wrong.
Oh Mara, I hear you sister. Sometimes I sit and think about when my life will be less chaotic, and I have finally come to the realization that it won't be until all of my kids have graduated and moved out of the house. Of course I am not looking forward to that time, so for now I will just have to deal with the craziness of it all, and find joy in the journey.
how to not be busy:
#1 dont have a life, or a family, or anything to do like a job.
#2 dont eat or drink anything and pass into a coma.
#3 enjoy your coma! Ta Da! now you are not busy!!!
Post a Comment