Friday, June 19, 2009

Liberty Park and Tracy Aviary

What is the best way to spend a day?
Just find a nice happy place to play. Jason and Kayla at the Aviary
The kids really wanted to go on the Ferris Wheel. They had never been on one before and it turns out (get it- turns. ha ha ) that they loved it. I really hate the Ferris Wheel so I did not join them. They gave me grief about it for the rest of the day. " I can't believe you won't go on it." "How can you not like it" "bla bla bla". I hate the way I feel helpless when I get on, I give up all control of the situation and I hate that I can't get off when I want and I have to wait for some kid to decide when my ride is done. So I guess I need therapy. Get over it. I have.





Then they wanted to try the big swings- turns out they loved that ride too. I am so excited that they are big enough and brave enough to try the rides.



They would have kept going all day, but their ever-frugal mother wouldn't buy more tickets


We met up with Kelly for lunch at a place by his work. Then we went back to the park to play in the water.

Aaron is a water baby

Look at the gut on that kid - we are making progress in the weight gain department



We had so much fun that I completely forgot that I had someone coming to the house to change the water filters. OOPs, sorry. we pretty much spent the whole day in the park and the kids are asking when we can go again. Let me know if you want to go with us!



3 comments:

Ange said...

We totally LOVE that place! Never been on the rides though. It's definitely on our list of 'to-do's' this summer :)

Lara said...

What a fun time. Never been there. Looks like we have been missing out.

Shill and Company said...

I love Liberty park too! Looks like you took advantage of all that it has to offer.